Saturday, February 27, 2010

A bare bear

Good god, I should be in bed right now. Tonight I saw an awesome movie called "Moon" and I have to recommend it to our readers. It isn't a fast paced movie, and it isn't over-ripe with CGI, and certainly doesn't rely on its special effects to tell the story, which is something I found to be kind of refreshing. Not that I don't like a well rendered bit of CGI, but it's nice to watch a story unfold that isn't dependent on that kind of thing. Anyway, if you get a chance, rent this movie.

On to the art update. Here's the sketch version of a picture I'm working on, obviously of a bear lady wearing lingerie. This is pretty much just practice with the stylized concept of the more filled out female body type. I'm used to drawing skinny or athletic people, but I've got next to no experience with full forms, as you can probably tell, lol.


The head looks a tad too large for the body, so I'll probably need to shrink that a bit. If you have critiques to offer before I get into the inking, please feel free! :)

0 comments: